• Engine: Continental W670, 220hp, Hours 243, Maximum Speed 117 kts
• Propeller: McCauley Metal Ground Adjustable, Hours 252
• Airframe: 4097
• Range: 505 nm, Cruise Speed 83 kts
• Reg/Serial: G-LIIZ / 75-4041
• Based: Breighton Airfield
• Maintained: Aircraft Restoration Company
Photo Credits and Copyrights: John Dibbs
Exclusively for sale with Eagles Eleven.
Boeing Stearman PT-17 Kaydet G-LIIZ
This stunning 1942 example of Boeing’s legendary WW2 trainer has become exclusively available with Eagles 11. Previously based at IWM Duxford the aircraft now graces the skies around Breighton Airfield, the Aircraft Restoration Company however still maintain her.
This aircraft was one of 300 supplied new to the RCAF under lend-lease it was used to train British and Commonwealth pilots where it served as FJ991 before returning to the USA for use by the Arnold Scheme.
G-LIIZ offers its new owner low engine and propeller hours. The aircraft also has a full Certificate of Airworthiness with the next annual due May 2024.Other benefits include 8.33 kHz radio, new leather seat cushions, the complete set of Cambri covers and upgraded Redline disc brakes along with electric starter, also with a MTOW of 1338Kg this aircraft can be flown with a LAPL.
Price: £115,000 (No VAT)